Which is the best pub in Leicester?

11 Responses

1. Alan Law says:

I’m going to go with Knight and Garter because unfiltered Budvar.

2. Such a great city for pubs, and thankfully loads who welcome families with kids in the afternoons. For me, Dover Castle gets my vote – I can’t think of anywhere more friendly and welcoming (or hilarious)!

3. SC says:

Last Plantagenet now closed. Had to take beer back in The Dove on the last two visits so wouldn’t worry about missing it off.
    Pubs will always be different things to different people .

• Laura says:

Has it already shut it’s doors? I knew it was going, but not when.
      Sad news about the Dove, that’s not great to hear.

I think the diversity of what pubs offer is one of the things that makes them great. That’s why it’s so difficult to choose one on the list!

• Alan says:

Love this and absolutely agree, different things to different people.
      Some great pubs on this list (some bloody rubbish ones as well) but apart from my obvious bias I have had times when 4 or 5 of these have been my faves, Craddock, Parcel Yard, Globe, K&G, Western & Old Horse have all floated my boat for a period of time.
      Leicester has some magnificent venues, just try and visit as many of them as you can.

4. Jim says:

Astute observations Laura. We have some great Pubs in Leicester. A warm welcome goes a long way to making a pub good in my book.

• Laura says:

Thank you – yes, general friendliness is probably my bottom line. Even if I’m on my own I’m more than happy to visit the Blue Boar, Duffy’s, the Real Ale Classroom, The Two Tailed Lion or West End Brewery (in alphabetical order to avoid bias lol) because I know I’ll get a friendly welcome and more than likely have someone to chat to, even if I’m just irritating the bar staff.

5. Jayne T says: